How would your life be different at the end of 2013 if you totally, completely rocked your business goals?
In this 17 minute video, Pam will give you an overview of the entire program. If you want to skip ahead to a specific part, here is the key:
- Introduction: 00:00 - 01:46
- What is Power Boost Marketing?: 01:50 - 09:05
- Why is the Program Designed This Way? 09:06 - 15:59
- How to Join: 16:00 - 17:27
How would you feel if you not only grew your number of customers, sold more products and services, but also felt like a stronger, more competent, secure and experienced business owner?
I want to help you make this happen.
I have put together Power Boost Marketing 2013 to teach you specific, useful and powerful marketing strategies to help you gain competence, confidence and effectiveness in your business. I want you to experience the peace of mind of a steady stream of ideal clients so your focus goes from “How can I get more clients?” to “How can I deliver the very best results to the steady stream clients I have?”
I ran this program in 2012 with a group of 55 talented, hard-working entrepreneurs, and had exceptional results. I am excited to work with a brand-new group this year, and to have you join our amazing network.
Meet your instructor
I am Pamela Slim, a business coach, award-winning author and professional speaker. I have been in business for sixteen years. The first nine years I spent as an independent consultant to large corporations, where I designed large-scale training programs and coached thousands of managers and executives at companies like Hewlett-Packard, Cisco Systems and Charles Schwab. Seven years ago, I launched escapefromcubiclenation.com where I have worked with hundreds of people to start and grow businesses. My clients have launched companies ranging from software startups, to thriving consulting practices, to martial arts studios to coaching businesses.
Parallel to this business activity, I have been a long-time martial artist. I trained and taught the Afro-Brazilian style of capoeira for eleven years, and I have trained mixed martial arts for the last three years. This experience in martial arts has taught me about focus, strength, dedication and teaching. I bring this experience into my business coaching, helping my clients to set clear, realistic paths, so they can get things done while bringing out their very best. I thrive in an environment of energy, inspiration and focus on mastery.
I built my online business from scratch, starting in 2005 with the launch of my blog Escape from Cubicle Nation, and have earned a broad and engaged following. My site was named one of the “100 Best Websites for Women” by Forbes, and I was named a “Twitter Small Business Big Shot” by the Wall Street Journal. My blog success led to a book deal with Penguin/Portfolio which resulted in my book Escape from Cubicle Nation: From Corporate Prisoner to Thriving Entrepreneur, the winner of Best Small Business/Entrepreneur Book of 2009 from 800 CEO Read.
What this external recognition has meant for my business is that more of the right clients come to me naturally, painlessly and consistently. If you have been to any of my live classes or workshops, you know that I have phenomenally awesome clients. They astound me with their heart, intellect and swagger. I want the same for you!
The Power Boost Marketing Program
Power Boost Marketing is a rich program designed to build your strength, capacity, effectiveness and confidence as a business owner.
The outcomes of the program are two-fold:
- Greatly increased income,
- Greatly increased competence, and confidence
We will do this in 5 steps:
Expert Seminar Instruction Each month, we will teach an effective, pragmatic and powerful marketing technique in detail. You will learn what the technique is, why it is important, how to do it and when to apply it in your business cycle.
Take it to the Street Power Tools Each marketing technique will be followed by very specific instructions for how to use it in your business. These tools will range from screencasts to sample emails and documents.
Feedback and Coaching Two weeks after each seminar in a group session, Pam will answer questions, clarify concepts and coach you in making effective use of the technique to achieve your own business goals.
Quarterly Planning At the end of each quarter, we will review the marketing techniques you learned, evaluate your results, and decide which to apply to your ongoing marketing strategy.
Community Mastermind Participate in the private Power Boost Marketing community mastermind Facebook group where you can ask questions, interact and get peer feedback on everything you're working on.
What sets this program apart
There is an avalanche of information about small business marketing in books, live programs and on the Internet. And yet almost every client I talk to feels either overwhelmed with options or totally paralyzed by not knowing how to market their business in an effective way.
This program will be different because:
- We explain marketing in clear, understandable terms in an environment of excellent instruction and total support.
- We break down particular techniques in small steps that you can take to the street immediately and implement to get more clients
- We review results of tests, debrief the learning, and make improvements on your techniques and strategies
- We will not fly the flag of one particular approach to marketing (i.e. online sales or high-end programs), but rather present a clear, balanced view of the very best marketing approaches that work in 2013, not 2005.
What you get
Power Boost Marketing is a year-long program that includes
- 12 Expert SeminarsEach month, we will teach an effective, pragmatic and powerful marketing technique in detail.
- 12 Take it to the Streets Action Packs tools, tips, scripts and how-tos
- 12 Live Seminar Reviews group coaching sessions
- 4 In-Depth Quarterly Reviews where we match results with marketing goals, and plan for the following quarter
- 1 Powerful Community that provides support and encouragement all along the way
Seminar topics and schedule
Each month, we will dig into a tested, pragmatic and effective marketing technique. All seminars will be recorded in case you are unable to attend the live session.
Pre-Kickoff—Name your marketing genius
Everyone, from every background and personality type, can market effectively. How this marketing looks will be different depending on your personality type, strengths, skills, values and interests. As we kick off Power Boost Marketing, you will identify your own marketing genius by taking a variety of assessments and doing a SWOT analysis (Strengths/Weaknesses/Opportunities/Threats) so you can determine the kind of marketing approach that will work best with your personality, strengths and market.
January 22—Explode Your Market
Effective marketing is built on a powerful foundation: reaching the market that you deeply care about and understand, with a product or service that will make their lives imminently better, and choosing a marketing approach that will speak to them in language they can understand.
In this first webinar, we will set your marketing foundation by:
- Defining your ideal client or customer in clear, specific terms
- Identifying where they hang out in person and online
- Conducting specific research to find out exactly what they want, what they need, and what they aspire to
February 19—Create your power offer
Once you know the needs of your ideal customers, it is time to design a compelling and value-filled offer that you can market to them all year. In this webinar we will:
- Break down the key components of a compelling offer
- Ensure the offer is designed around your core strengths and the needs of the market you are dying to serve
- Outline the specific parts of the offer, including deliverables, pricing and guarantees
- Create and launch an effective sales letter
March 19—Build a thriving list
If you have been on the Internet for awhile now, you have heard “the gold is in your list!” Building a list of engaged clients and prospective clients is critical to a successful business in the 21st century. In this class you will learn how to:
- Review the best mailing list programs on the market and choose the best for your needs and stage of business
- Evaluate 10 key list-building strategies
- Identify how your website design can drive or repel list signups
- Architect list building into your core marketing activities, online and offline
- How to balance delivering great free content to your list with offers for paid programs
April 16—Power selling that works
Effective marketing will lead to a lot more leads and prospects. How do you turn these prospects into closed sales? In this class you will learn:
- The 5 steps in the sales process, and what to do in each step
- How to quickly and effectively qualify leads so you can get rid of “maybes”
- How to have sales conversations over the phone
- The key to effective selling online
(for past Ethical Selling students, this is brand new content, with new tools!)
May 14—Maximize social media marketing without feeling overwhelmed
Every day a new social media tool comes out that promises to be the answer to all your marketing woes. How do you know which tools are the most effective, and how to use them without spending all your time glued to your computer? In this class, you will learn:
- The unique marketing benefits of the big 5 of social media marketing: Google +, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube
- How to choose the social media tools that make the most sense for your business
- The foundation of any social media marketing strategy -- a strong web home base
- How to maximize efficiency and effectiveness with social media and still have time to get work done
June 11—Generate referrals
Many service businesses run primarily on referrals. The massively successful ones know that this is not a random occurrence -- it is based on baking solid referral tactics into every stage of working with clients. In this class you will learn:
- How to ask for referrals from happy clients without being pushy or feeling awkward
- How to use technology to simplify the referral process
- How to reward for referrals
- Critical stages of client interactions when you are most likely to get a great referral
July 16—Public speaking as a marketing tool
Speaking live in front of ideal clients is one of the most powerful things you can do for your business. In this class, you will learn:
- How to evaluate which live events will generate the best results
- How to choose and structure content for an effective presentation
- How to elegantly and ethically share information about your products and services
- How to follow up from a live speaking engagement to engage prospects
- When to speak for free and when to ask for a speaking fee
August 13—Short-term cash flow marketing strategies
Different seasons of the year can mean ebbs and flows in your sales. Even with an effective long-term marketing strategy in place, there are times and circumstances when you just need to get some cash in the door as quickly as possible. In this class you will learn:
- How to look for short-term cash flow opportunities that might be under your nose
- How to structure an effective offer for short-term cash flow
- How to maintain strength and poise even when you really could use some cash NOW
- How to plan your cash flow year-round to account for ebbs and flows in the market
September 10—Create killer proposals that sell
You have probably been there: you connect with a terrific prospective client or partner and they get very excited about doing a project with you. “Shoot me a proposal in the next couple of days,” they say. As soon as you hang up the phone or finish the email, you panic when you realize you don’t know what to include in the proposal, or how to write it so that it compels them to say yes. In this class, you will learn:
- The core components of a professional and effective proposal
- Exactly what to write in what order to improve your chances at closing the deal
- The key information you need to track all through your sales conversations to make proposal writing easier
- The most effective formats for proposals
- How and where to make the case for the price you are charging
October 15—Create profitable partnerships
A great way to accelerate your income and expand your market is to partner with other experts in your field. In this class, you will learn:
- How to identify the very best people to approach for partnerships
- Examples of many different types of partnerships, from telesummits to joint ventures
- How to structure a partnership agreement so that it feels fair and generous for all parties
- Case studies of effective partnerships in action, with specific details about how the partnership is structured and how profits are shared
- How to identify champions and sponsors
November 12—How to get featured in the press
Journalists rarely look at press releases, even though they are hungry for expert sources for quotes and information. So what does catch their attention, and how can you position yourself as an expert source? In this class, you will learn:
- What journalists really want and need from experts in their field
- How to set up a press page, even if you haven’t gotten any press yet
- How to build effective relationships with journalists without hounding them
- How to use press coverage to amp up your credibility
December 3—Ring in the holiday sales
Billions of dollars exchange hands during the last month of the year. How can you capture some of this holiday cheer so that your year finishes with a bang instead of a whimper? In this class you will learn:
- What kinds of offers are perfect for the holiday market
- How to set up gift certificates for your product or service
- How to leverage holiday parties and social networking to ring in the new year
Registration is currently closed for Powerboost Marketing.
Jump on the list to be the first to register when it re-opens!